January 27, 2016
Dear Loma & CT families,
Thanks to all the morning parent drivers for working together and adapting to the new variation of student drop-off. We very much appreciate all those who are staying in the right lane and waiting patiently to drop off their students. We have seen much less of the drivers who drive in the left lane and then cut quickly into the right lane to fill a recently vacated spot. We tip our hats to all those parents who have their students ready to go when pulling up to the curb. Your efforts are much appreciated as they promote a smooth and efficient drop-off transition that allows the curb to clear and repopulate in a timely manner. Thanks again to all of you who are endeavoring to make this not-so-easy task run just a little smoother for us all.
Carino’s Top Ten Favorite Sights:
1. The prevalent use of Roshambo to identify who goes next and/or problem solve;
2. Big umbrellas and giggles in the pouring rain;
3. Loma students preforming stellar acts of talent in the Loma Talent Show on Tuesday; Acts included tumbling, sketches, singing, dancing, and piano solos;
4. Teachers in collaborative meetings discussing best practices and ways to support student success;
5. School lights stay on all day on Friday despite the storm;
6. The smiles that develop when stories about rocks are shared with students who’ll lend an ear. Fortunately, there are many students in that category;
7. Goggles, lab coats, and serious science paraphernalia, ice for instance, could be seen on the Loma Campus today as fifth grade students preformed science experiments for their peers.
8. Kindergarten buddies holding small sections of rope between them as they walked together to their afternoon bus.
9. Mrs. Riccomini, blushingly accepting a bouquet of flowers from two students who represented the entire student body and faculty in conveying their heart felt thanks for all the time she dedicated to producing the Loma Talent Show.
10. A music room in action. Students wave scarves, step in time to rhythms, and sing songs in the newly opened music portable. The art room is soon to follow.
“You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown”
What do a School bus, Giant Ice Cream Cones, a Piano, Robin Hood and Clouds have in common?
They are all appearing onstage next week in “You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown” starring talented performers from CT English in grades 6-8.
Due to the fire in our gym and community center, all performances have to be “Off Mountain” - this time in San Jose.
The play is like reading the Sunday Funny Pages - it features scenes from a day in Charlie Brown’s life - full of laughter and nerves, a dog who pretends to be a WW I pilot, trying to get a kite to fly, the joy to be found in ice cream on a sunny afternoon, and worries over homework and book reports.
Come see the kids transform into the cartoon characters that everyone knows - Lucy being crabby or laying on Schroeder’s piano, Woodstock following Snoopy around, Peppermint Patty & Marcie hanging out, Linus always holding his blanket. You may even forget that the dialogue is scripted and remember what Happiness Is…
4 Shows Only - Feb 4-6th
That’s Just Next Thursday & Friday at 7pm and Saturday at 2pm & 7pm
Location is just 3 minutes from Valley Fair in San Jose’s Rose Garden area
At The Historic Hoover Theatre at Park & Naglee
Tickets available online at theatreinthemountains.org
Come Join the Fun Serving Lunch At CT!
Snack Shack Volunteer(s) Needed Tuesday and Thursday.
You can volunteer on a weekly or alternating basis from 11:15am to 1:00pm.
Please contact Laurie Orlando @firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
8th Grade Parents
LGHS Parent Visitation Day is scheduled for January 29, 2016
Parents of eighth-graders who will attend Los Gatos High School this fall can tour the school on Jan 29, with tours scheduled for 8:15, 8:45 and 10:15 am and 12:30 pm
Guides will be in the school's main hall 15 minutes before each tour. Access to the main hall is through the doors on the left side of the high school's main building at 20 High School Court
In addition to seeing the school's facilities, parents will be able to observe some classes in session.
Please call Shari Williams @ 408.206-2369 with any questions
Wild Times @ CTE
Early Release EVERY Wednesday @ 1:30 pm
1/27/16 New Tech Info. Night 5pm LGHS Theater Please note change in date & time
1/29/16 Parents Visitation Day at LGHS starting @ 8:15am main hallway
2/10/16 CT HSC mtg. 8:30 rm 7
NO SCHOOL 2/15/16 – 2/19/16
2/26/16 CT fun night (Movie night??)
All other items, which were scheduled, are TBD because of community center/gym bld.