Stretch Routine K-5 Grade
Count to 8 and count TOGETHER
Students WILL know each stretch of our stretch routine. For a quick review, please watch the video. Stay active and have fun Loma!!
- X Positition: Ankle rotation (Switch)
Jumping Jacks (Spell out Loma Prieta Cougars)
- Touch your toes (Or hang if your can't touch your toes. Emphasize not bending your knees)
- Right leg in, Left leg straight (Switch)
- Reach across, Right hand touches Left foot. (Sitting down in V-Sit formation, switch, then both)
- Paperclip (Right hand up, Left hand lower. Try to reach and let your hands touch behind your back)
- Michael Phelps
- Face the Office (Spread your feet out, turn to the right with both hands on your knee. Switch. Emphasize pointing your feet in the same direction while keeping feet flat on the ground.
- Diamonds (Feet spread out shoulder length apart. Touch your right knee, the floor, your left knee, and clap.)
- Transformers (Rollout!)
- Bicycle (Peddle motion with legs, then faster)
- Statue Of Liberty
- Crazy 8s, 5s, 3s (Students can choose from Stampede, In & Out, Push-Ups, Donkey Kicks, Side to Side, and Plank)
Coach’s Fitness & Spelling Challenge
A = 15 Jumping Jacks N = 10 Squats
B = 20 Sit-Ups O = 15 Michael Phelps
C = 10 Squats P =20 Jumping Jacks
D = 15 Push-Ups Q = 10 Shoulder Taps
E = 15 Michael Phelps R = 15 In & Out Push-Ups
F = 5 Burpees S = 15 Sit-Ups
G = 10 Shoulder Taps T = 15sec Stampede
H = 20sec Plank U = 15sec Plank
I = 15 Reverse Crunches V = 10 Squats
J = 15 Jumping Jacks W = 15 Burpees
K = 10 In & Out Push-Ups X = 5 Jumping Jacks
L = 20sec Stampede Y = 10 Reverse Crunches
M = 15 Burpees Z = 15 Push-Ups
Find different words to spell. For example…. Your full name, a family member’s name, Loma Prieta Cougars, etc. Pace yourselves and do not rush. This is NOT a race.
30 DAY PLANK CHALLENGE!!
Do your best! You can also try with a partner or group. This can also be a family plank challenge. Encourage each other to do their very best!
DAY 3 :
Day 4 :
Day 5 :
Make sure you don’t allow your back to sway — as if your stomach is about to touch the ground. As the seconds grow longer, many find it harder to hold themselves in plank position as they complained of “feeling it in their backs.” When you look at their form, you can notice a HUGE sway in their backs. Work on keeping your bottom out of the air, and your back as straight as possible. Remember to flex your core muscles ( stomach/abs) as you perform your plank. Do not hold your breath at any time.