Homework in Kindergarten this year will be OPTIONAL.
1. Take Home Book Folder
· Each night your child will bring home their Book Folder. Please read the book that is inside aloud to your child.
· After reading the book, respond to a prompt from the list.
· Many times your child will select a book that they have already brought home, or they will not get the opportunity to choose a new book. Please reread this familiar book. Rereading is a critical part of early literacy and has been found to increase a child’s ability to learn new vocabulary and concepts.
· Your child MUST return their Book Folder to school EVERY day they would like to get a new book.
· Lost or destroyed books must be replaced in order for your child to continue to bring home books.
2. Word Wall Flash Cards
· Most weeks your child will add a new word to their Word Wall Flash Card deck of cards.
· Please help your child read their words throughout the week.
· Refer to the sight word activity list for more practice ideas.
· Please keep the Word Wall Flash Card deck in the Ziploc bag.