September 20, 2017
Dear Loma and CT Parents/Guardians:
Important Traffic Alert
CT English will host a county-wide cross country meet on October 4, 2017. Traffic on campus and Summit Road will be very heavy throughout the afternoon.
CT Heads Up!
We still do not have enough parent/guardian volunteers to open the Snack Shack on Tuesday. Keep on packing for Tuesday lunches! Also, volunteers are needed on Monday, Thursday and Friday of each week. Please sign up to help HERE!
2017 LPEF Gala Update and Request for Help
We are just weeks away from the community event of the year on October 7 and the biggest fundraiser for our district. Remember to get your Loma Public Education Fund Gala tickets – they are going fast, and the event sells out every year. We are so thankful for our title sponsors –Jill Cole & Michael Riese of Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage. What makes us thankful is that Jill and Mike realize how the strength of our schools is directly related to the strength of our community, and they are truly supporting our schools. Other sponsors who have made generous contributions include Jenn Viane Riese - Rodan + Fields Dermatologists, Rahimi Dental Group, Rebecca Smith & Karen Izzo - Sereno Group, Scott Green - Alain Pinel Realtors, Seagreaves Insurance Services, TAL Global, The Carlo Law Group, and Young Naturopathic Center for Wellness. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Speaking of the strength of our community, we know how lucky we are. If you are thinking about ways to help but didn’t know how, here are things that need support. Contact Ylka Reiss with questions or offers to help (email@example.com and (408) 896-6747).
- Remember to ask your company whether they match donations to schools and non-profits. Your donation could be doubled with a little extra effort!! The LPEF tax ID # is 03-0440872
- Raffle tickets for premier parking spaces will be sold before school, as well as at the Gala. Parking spaces will be even harder to come by with the upcoming construction! Nannette Barber used her space to the fullest last year and said it made a huge impact on her life, especially during the rain and storms. Isn’t it worth buying a few tickets?
- If anyone can donate a hotel or condo stay in Cabo San Lucas, we need a stay to complete an auction package, Por Favor! (This will complement two round-trip tickets to Mexico).
- Do you have local services and vendors who could be approached for a donation? We’ve been asking local companies and guess what? They’ve been saying yes. Think of your local dentist, insurance agent, propane dealer – on or off the mountain. A general donation of $500 is an easy ask. Donation forms available.
- And finally – we really need volunteers to help with the following items:
- Someone to manage all the volunteers, pre, during and post event.
- An IT savvy person to help with the tech portion of the Gala presentation the night of the event
- Someone to lead raffle ticket sales
- Someone to co-manage parking at the event with Rob Fong and then take over as Parking Guru for next year’s Gala
And as always we are still taking auction item donations as well as help for general volunteers. Thank you for the support – we’re looking forward to a great evening. Visit LPEF.org/gala for more details.
Loma Home and School Club News
Bring your family & friends to Family Movie Night, this Friday September 22nd at the Loma forum. Dinner will start at 6pm, the entrees will include meat lasagna, mac & cheese, Caesar salad & garlic bread, provided by Summit Store. Adult plates $10/Children's plates $5. After dinner let the kids get some energy out on the playground before the start of the featured movie, Madagascar, at 7:30pm.
CT Gala Baskets
We hope your family will consider making a donation to the class level Gala baskets for CT. All donations may be brought to the CT office. Thank you in advance.
6th grade Basket= Sports/Leisure/Outdoor Basket
Ideas include, sports equipment, family outdoor games (corn hole, croquet, etc.) Gift cert to movies or leisure activities.
7th grade basket=Coffee & Chocolate Basket
Ideas include, coffee making supplies, mugs, coffee from different parts of the world, gift cert. Chocolate from all over the world, gift cert for chocolate (See’s candy etc.)
8th grade Basket= Emergency Preparedness Basket
Ideas include emergency bags, emergency food, water, etc. Flashlights, windup radio or flashlights. Space blankets, first aid kits. etc.
As always cash donations are also encouraged and will be used for the purchase of items for the gala baskets or given to LPEF as a direct donation.
Wild Times @ CT English MS
Early Release EVERY Wednesday @ 1:30 pm
9/21/17 CT Wild Cats Assembly 1:30pm Gym
9/22/17 CT Games Night 7-9pm Gym
9/26/17 No CT Snack Shack
10/4/17 CT Cross Country Meet @ CT 3pm
10/7/17 LPEF Gala at Maison du lac 4pm