Standards of Dress/Dress Code
Loma Prieta Elementary School encourages high standards for students both academically and socially. We believe these standards are better maintained when our students are appropriately dressed. At Loma, the standards for dress at school promote a safe and positive learning environment conducive to high academic and behavior standards. The following are some examples:
- All shorts must have at least a 3-inch inseam.
- All shirts need to be two-finger width coverage at the shoulders. T-shirts with suggestive words, alcoholic beverage ads, negative and disrespectful messages are not allowed.
- Students may not wear clothing that exposes the midriff or any skin/underwear under the armpits. Students are not allowed to wear cut offs, halter-tops, spaghetti straps, sheer clothing, sagging pants/shorts.
- Recreational hats, caps and other similar head covering shall not be worn inside the school buildings except for valid medical reasons authorized in writing by the school administration.
- Closed toed shoes are required. Flip-flops, high heels or platform shoes are not allowed. For your child’s safety, shoes should be appropriate for PE and active play each day.
- Long, dangling earrings are not allowed.
- If in doubt, don’t wear it.