September 4, 2019
My Top 3 Moments of the Week...
- Enjoying a dance party at lunch recess with Loma students. I got my Zumba workout!
- Seeing our friendly parent volunteers serve Choice Lunches from the new kitchen window in the gym at CT.
- Singing a new song with Ms. Lelake at the Friday Assembly.I wish she would teach me to play the ukulele!
Loma Milk Program
The milk program began on September 3rd. If you have chosen to buy Choice Lunch for one, two, or three days a week, you will only have to pay for the days your child does NOT receive Choice Lunch. Please note on the form (see below) how many days you would like your child to receive milk with the total amount due payable to Loma Prieta Elementary School District. Milk will be distributed 9/3/19 through 5/22/20. Please contact Raquel with any questions: email@example.com
Dress Code Reminders (from the CT Handbook)
- Footwear must be appropriate to the activity and worn at all times. This is for student safety. Flip-flops and sandals without heel straps are considered unsafe foot protection for most activities. Students must have appropriate shoes for physical education and blacktop activities.
- Clothing with disruptive or unhealthy logos or words may not be worn. Example: t-shirts that promote alcohol, tobacco, drugs, bigotry, gangs, sexual references, or suggestive behavior. Graffiti or "tags" will not be allowed on any item brought or worn to school.
- Shorts or skirts worn by students must have at least a 3-inch inseam.
- Students may not wear clothing that exposes their midriff or any skin/underwear under the armpits. Students are also not allowed to wear cut-offs, halter-tops, spaghetti straps, low cut tops/dresses, sheer clothing or sagging pants/shorts. Tank tops must have shoulder coverage of at least the width of two fingers.
- All tops must have shoulder coverage of at least one finger.
- Hats and hoods may not be worn inside any building at C.T.E. Students will be given one warning and then hats will be taken away.
- Students may not wear belts with metal spikes or chains of any kind. They will be taken away. Belts must be size appropriate and tucked into belt loops.
- No bathing suits may be worn at school.
- Any clothing item deemed inappropriate by any staff member, at any time, and students will be asked to change clothes or turn the item inside out.
- When in doubt if something is inappropriate for school - Don't wear it!
Karren Zook, Principal
Gala, Gala, Gala!!
Tickets to our annual Gala, taking place on Saturday, October 5thfrom 4 to 10pm are now available at https://one.bidpal.net/lpefgala2019/welcome. This event sells out every year so be sure you secure your spot. We look forward to seeing you there!
Every year, LPEF wows the mountain with the annual Gala and this year's CASINO ROYALE promises to be an evening of epic fun. Part of what makes our Gala a huge success is our world-class auction. The annual Gala attracts bidders outside of our mountain community and attendees from all over the world! What sets us apart and makes our event such a success?
Parent and school community and volunteers. The Gala committee works throughout the year to collect and create magical experiences, gift baskets, curated art and unique adventures with many of our incredible items come from our mountain community.
Do you have a talent, creation, or experience to contribute to this year's event?
Any and all items are welcome, including:
-Hosted events, parties or classes for adults and/or families
-Unique experiences and tours
-Original art and jewelry
-Gift certificates of any denomination
-New or unused luxury gift items
-New or unused electronics
Please contact Erin Asheghian at firstname.lastname@example.org with your item donation or with any questions. Thank you for your support and contribution!
Learn more about LPEF, the Gala and, other fundraising events here: https://www.lpef.org
Loma HSC News
Order Your Loma Yearbook by September 30thfor 15% Off!
Loma yearbooks are now on sale! Order by September 30thand get 15% off. The regular yearbook price is $25.48. Yearbooks are created by parent volunteers over the school year and are a great fundraiser for the school! If you're interested in helping out, talk to your child's teacher or room parent. To order, go to TreeRing Yearbooks (www.treering.com/validate) and use our school code 101404916313901. See the attached flyer for details. Contact Julie Stanton at email@example.com with any questions!
Order your Loma Gear!
Get your Loma t-shirts and hoodies for the new school year! Visit the Loma Home & School Club store at Online Store | Loma Prieta Home & School Club to order. Orders can be delivered to your child or to the office for you to pick up. Any questions contact Julie Stanton (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are in desperate need of boys’ clothes for kinder through 2ndgrade for when they have “accidents”. If you have any that you can spare, please send them to the office. It’ll be appreciated!
Loma Upcoming Events
9/6 SoW assembly 8:30 / Spirit day – Class Colors
9/10 School Picture Day / TB testing, conference room next to classroom #21
9/12 TB read
9/13 SoW assembly 8:30