September 4, 2019
Dear Loma and CT Families,
My Top 3 Moments of the Week...
- Enjoying a dance party at lunch recess with Loma students. I got my Zumba workout!
- Seeing our friendly parent volunteers serve Choice Lunches from the new kitchen window in the gym at CT.
- Singing a new song with Ms. Lelake at the Friday Assembly. I wish she would teach me to play the ukulele!
Back to School Night at CT – Tonight!
Please pick up your child’s class schedule as you enter the CT courtyard promptly at 6:30. We will have a brief all parent meeting in the courtyard and then parents will rotate through each of their children’s classes hearing short presentations from each teacher. This is a parent-only event. Come on time and come early for parking!
Loma Milk Program
The milk program began on September 3rd. If you have chosen to buy Choice Lunch for one, two, or three days a week, you will only have to pay for the days your child does NOT receive Choice Lunch. Please note on the form (see below) how many days you would like your child to receive milk with the total amount due payable to Loma Prieta Elementary School District. Milk will be distributed 9/3/19-5/22/20. Please contact Raquel with any questions: email@example.com
Dress Code Reminders (from the CT Handbook)
- Footwear must be appropriate to the activity and worn at all times. This is for student safety. Flip-flops and sandals without heel straps are considered unsafe foot protection for most activities. Students must have appropriate shoes for physical education and blacktop activities.
- Clothing with disruptive or unhealthy logos or words may not be worn. Example: t-shirts that promote alcohol, tobacco, drugs, bigotry, gangs, sexual references, or suggestive behavior. Graffiti or "tags" will not be allowed on any item brought or worn to school.
- Shorts or skirts worn by students must have at least a 3-inch inseam.
- Students may not wear clothing that exposes their midriff or any skin/underwear under the armpits. Students are also not allowed to wear cut-offs, halter-tops, spaghetti straps, low cut tops/dresses, sheer clothing or sagging pants/shorts. Tank tops must have shoulder coverage of at least the width of two fingers.
- All tops must have shoulder coverage of at least one finger.
- Hats and hoods may not be worn inside any building at C.T.E. Students will be given one warning and then hats will be taken away.
- Students may not wear belts with metal spikes or chains of any kind. They will be taken away. Belts must be size appropriate and tucked into belt loops.
- No bathing suits may be worn at school.
- Any clothing item deemed inappropriate by any staff member, at any time, and students will be asked to change clothes or turn the item inside out.
- When in doubt if something is inappropriate for school - Don't wear it!
Karren Zook, Principal
Gala, Gala, Gala!!
Tickets to our annual Gala, taking place on Saturday, October 5th from 4:00 - 10:00pm are now available at https://one.bidpal.net/lpefgala2019/welcome. This event sells out every year so be sure you secure your spot. We look forward to seeing you there!
Every year, LPEF wows the mountain with the annual Gala and this year's CASINO ROYALE promises to be an evening of epic fun. Part of what makes our Gala a huge success is our world-class auction. The annual Gala attracts bidders outside of our mountain community and attendees from all over the world! What sets us apart and makes our event such a success?
Parent and school community and volunteers. The Gala committee works throughout the year to collect and create magical experiences, gift baskets, curated art and unique adventures with many of our incredible items come from our mountain community.
Do you have a talent, creation, or experience to contribute to this year's event?
Any and all items are welcome, including:
-Hosted events, parties or classes for adults and/or families
-Unique experiences and tours
-Original art and jewelry
-Gift certificates of any denomination
-New or unused luxury gift items
-New or unused electronics
Please contact Erin Asheghian at firstname.lastname@example.org with your item donation or with any questions. Thank you for your support and contribution!
Learn more about LPEF, the Gala and, other fundraising events here: https://www.lpef.org/gala
Wild Times @ CT English MS
Early Release EVERY Wednesday @ 1:30 pm
9/4/19 CT Back to School Night-6:30 CT Courtyard
9/6/19 CT Beach Day-Platform Beach Aptos
9/10/19 Picture Day at Both Schools!
9/10/19 8th Grade Washington DC Info Night 7pm CT Rm 12