February 12, 2020
Dear Loma and CT Families,
My Top Three Moments of the Week
- Admiring the new mural at CT. Thanks to Ms. O’Dea and her team of industrious 8th graders for adding their artistic touch to our school!
- Watching Ms. Krueer’s 2nd grade class learn a line dance with Ms. Lelake! I am so impressed by how quickly they picked up those fancy moves!
- Talking to Mr. Thompson’s 6th graders about their “Passion Projects.” Whether it be reptile adoptions, butterfly gardens, or fundraising for athletic supplies, these kids have some awesome ideas!
Karren Zook, Principal
Loma Prieta Joint Union School District
23800 Summit Road
Los Gatos, CA 95033
408/353-1106 – p
408/353-3274 - f
Looking for Coaches
Our CTE Athletic Program is looking for boy’s soccer coaches, girl’s volleyball coaches, and track and field coaches.
If you are interested in coaching any of these teams, please let Nancy Lanovaz know by emailing her at email@example.com
Loma Prieta School Site Council Presents: Screenagers The Next Chapter and Screenagers
In March, The Loma Prieta School Site Council is excited to host 2 great movie nights at the Loma Prieta Forum. First is The Next Chapter on Thursday, 3/5/2020 @ 7p.m. and then Screenagers on Thursday, 3/19/2020 @ 7p.m. Although The Next Chapter is a follow up to Screenagers, they are each stand alone movies so you do not need to have seen Screenagers beforehand. The Next Chaptercovers different strategies for dealing with the "screen" related stress, anxiety and depression that is affecting our youth. Screenagersgives a comprehensive look at the effects of screen time on our youth.
- Seating is limited to 200 people per showing, so get your tickets fast! Tickets can be purchased at the following link:
- Each movie is suitable for kids age 10 and up.
- Each movie runs for just over an hour.
- CT students will get to see Screenagers at school the same week that we will be screening it for the community so attending the movie as a CT parent will be a great way to open the dialogue at home surrounding screen time.
Call to Service
Do you know someone who lives in Santa Cruz County may be interested in volunteering on the 2020-2021 Civil Grand Jury? If so, please see the attached letter from Deborah A. Ryan, Presiding Judge.
Wild Times @ CT English MS
Early Release EVERY Wednesday @ 1:30 pm
2/12/20 Regular Board Meeting Loma Forum 7pm
2/14/20-2/16/20 CT/TIM Addams Family
2/17/20-2/21/20-NO School-February Break
2/25/20 8th Grade Washington DC Mandatory Meeting 7pm Loma Forum
2/26/20 Board Study Session 6:30 Loma Forum
2/28/20 LGHS Band Assembly 12:50 Gym