February 26, 2020
Dear Loma Families,
My Top Three Moments of the Week (and Last Week)
- Seeing the Adams Family play! I was so impressed by all our talented CT actors! Amazing job, everyone!
- Hearing about the 7th grade trip to Yosemite. An enormous “Thank You” to Kate Biagini, Patty Smrt, Trevor Weber, Bob Gallup, Rebecca Carino, and the CT Home and School Club, for making this trip possible. It sounds like it was a huge success!
- Filling in for Mrs. Fichthorn in the library! I just love reading to kids and seeing kids read!
Scoliosis Screening, March 4th
Stanford Children’s Health Children’s Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Center will conduct scoliosis screening for our 5th through 8th grade students on Wednesday, March 4th. The screening takes about 1 minute per students and should have very little effect on the schedule for the day. Please see the attached flyer for more details. If you would prefer that your child does not undergo this screening, the third page of the attached flyer should be completed and returned to your child’s classroom teacher/first period teacher.
Loma Reminder – Report Cards!
Report cards will be sent home with Loma students next Wednesday, March 4th. March 10, 11, and 12th are minimum days for Optional Parent Conferences. Loma students will be dismissed at 12:30. There will be an extended snack time but no lunch – so pack a big snack. Your kids will arrive home hungry!
School Registration Information
Registration is open for students who are new to our district schools and will be joining Loma Prieta Elementary and CT English Middle School in the 2020-21 school year. Returning Student Registration is scheduled to begin in late April.
To register, go to: https://www.loma.k12.ca.us/domain/152.
Karren Zook, Principal
LOMA HOME AND SCHOOL CLUB
2020 Jogathon Tee-Shirt Contest
The 2020 Jogathon Tee-Shirt contest deadline has been extended to THIS Friday, February 28th. Submit your best artwork in the box located in the Loma Office. All entries must be submitted no later than 8:30am the morning of February 28th, (maximum 2 entries per student). Looking forward to seeing your beautiful art!
- Please limit your artwork to black and two other colors of your choice.
- Solid, vibrant colors and large, bold images work better than pictures with fine, small details.
- Clip art will not be considered.
- Artwork should be on an unlined, white, 8 1⁄2” x 11” sheet of paper.
- No licensed characters.
- No tracing - original drawings only.
- Write your name and your teacher’s name on the BACK side of your artwork.
Mountain Mayhem Wrestling Club
Come give the sport of wrestling a try, whether it’s your first time or to hone new skills. Meetings are at Mountain Bible Church, Tuesday’s from 4 to 6pm and Thursday’s from 5 to 7pm.
Wrestling is opened to Loma’s 3rd through 5th graders, CTers 6th through 8th graders, and high school students of any experience level and background. Mountain Mayhem Minis for ages 3 through 7 starts in May! See our website at https://dmkissner.wixsite.com/mountainmayhem. See you on the mat!
Loma’s Upcoming Events
2/27 Talent Show rehearsal 3-5pm
2/28 SoW and CoM assembly 8:30a / Talent Show 12:30-1:30
3/2 4th grade field trip to Tech Museum
3/4 Scoliosis Screening for 5th graders
3/6 Sow assembly / Crazy Sock day
3/8 Daylight Saving Time, spring ahead one hour
3/10-3/12 Optional Parent/Teacher Conferences, dismissal at 12:30 for Loma Students only