April 29, 2020
Dear CT Families,
My Top Three Moments of the Week (at Virtual School)
- Taking a staff picture for the CT yearbook on Zoom!
- Joining Mrs. Dorn’s Zoom meeting where the kids all surprised Ms. Raquel with beautiful signs saying how much they love and miss her!
- Seeing lots of cute pets in Mrs. Templeton’s Zoom meeting last week. There were hamsters, dogs, cats, and even a shy pig!
CT Virtual Spirit Week
CT students are encouraged to join our virtual spirit week in their Zoom meetings next week. Here are the themes:
Monday, May 4 - Star Wars Day!
Tuesday, May 5 - Face Paint Day
Wednesday, May 6 - Crazy hair Day
Thursday, May 7 - Crazy Hair/Hat day
8th Grade Parents – We Need Your Photos!
Our 8th grade graduation includes a slide show of all students. As we shelter in place, we decided to go ahead with planning the slideshow so that we can share it when the time is right.
Please look for 3-5 digital photos of your child that you would like included in our 8th grade slide show. The photos can be of any age, at school, home, anywhere.
We also want group photos. If you have photos of groups of kids, we would love to include some of those.
File Format: JPEG, GIF, PNG
Labeling photos: Individual photos of your child should be labeled <family name><child first name><1..n>
Group photos should be labeled <group><family name><child first name><1..n>
Send you photos to Ruth Gantly (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Deadline for submission of photos is May 15th. Mark your calendar with the submission deadline and make sure that your child is included in the slideshow.
COVID-19 Community Resources
Please see the attachment Covid-19 flyer which provides important resources to help during this challenging time
Reminder: CT Report Cards
Due to the closure of our school sites, we will not be distributing paper report cards for Quarter 3. To view your child’s Q3 report card, please go onto PowerSchool. I have attached a document describing the steps to view a student’s report card on PowerSchool.
Also, parents please note that due to the COVID-19 school closure mandate, IEP progress reports may be delayed in being sent home because we have had limited access to the classroom. You can expect to receive a completed progress report that will be emailed directly to you by the case manager at the earliest opportunity.
School Closure Reminder
The Loma and CT school offices are closed. The District Office is staffed. If you need to visit the District Office, please call ahead to 408-353-1101 to schedule a time. Drop-ins are discouraged in accordance with the current shelter-in-place order.
We have some exciting updates and new ways to support LPEF. We have changed the date for the LPEF Golf Tournament "Fore the Kids" to FRIDAY, AUGUST 21st at Seascape Golf Club, in Rio Del Mar! Join us this weekend, May 2nd through 3rd for a virtual shopping event with local artists who are giving 25% of sales back to our schools.
Visit https://www.lpef.org/shop4good or our Facebook page (@lomaeducation) for more info.
GIVING MADE EASY
- TEXT "Loma" to 243-725 to give on your phone and to get real-time updates on GIVING totals
- Visit www.lpef.org/donateto donate online.
- Join our online KEEP! monthly giving program - Visit www.lpef.org/donateand choose a monthly donation amount that works for you.
- $70.00/month over 12 months adds up to $800 (suggested single child donation).
o $100/month over 12 months adds up to $1200 (suggested multiple child donation).
- Contact your employer about matching grants If your employer offers matching, contact your Human Resources department about how they process the matching grant.
Every dollar counts. Every ticket sold counts. Your generosity and support of our amazing schools is deeply appreciated.
Stay healthy and be well,
Karren Zook, Principal