May 6, 2020
Dear Loma Families,
My Top Three Moments of the Week (at Virtual School)
- Seeing our school spirit this week at our CT Zoom meetings!
- Hanging out with Mrs. Van Zante’s Zebras on Cinco de Mayo! I loved hearing all the thoughtful comments! It sounds like these kiddos are keeping busy!
- Joining Mrs. Ramsay’s class as they talked about their move to CT with our school counselor, Stacy Blasi. I cannot believe these kids, who, were just in my kindergarten class, are about to move to CT! Time goes by WAY too quickly!
Important: Kindergarten and/or 1st through 8th Grade Registration!
If you have an incoming kindergarten, or know someone who has a 1st through 8th student new to our school, please reach out to Eileen Bevans-Franks at the district office to get started in the registration process: email@example.com
COVID-19 Community Resources
Please see that attachment provided for important resources to help during this challenging time.
School Closure Reminder
The Loma and CT school offices are closed. The District Office is staffed. If you need to visit the District Office, please call ahead to 408-353-1101 to schedule a time. Drop-ins are discouraged in accordance with the current shelter-in-place order.
Stay healthy and be well,
Karren Zook, Principal
Loma Prieta Joint Union School District
2020 KEEP! Campaign
The LPEF KEEP (Keep Excellent Education Programs) campaign has kicked off! This year marks LPEF's 19th year of fundraising to support the Loma Prieta Joint Union School District.
KEEP! donations fund the following critical programs:
- Music: K-8 music program
- PE: PE program at Loma
- STEM: Support for technology integration/STEM enrichment
- Electives: Preservation of middle school electives and elementary enrichment programs
- Science: Direct support for specialized elementary science instruction
- Library: Library support services at both CTE and Loma
- Support Services: K-8 school counseling and other student support
Any size donation is greatly appreciated and incredibly important to ensuring our children have access to these amazing programs for the 2020 school year.
Donate today at: https://www.lpef.org/donate-now.
Parenting Strategies During Shelter in Place, TONIGHT – Wednesday, May 6th at 7:30pm
These times are especially challenging for parents and kids. Join a Facebook LIVE interview with Damon Korb, M.D., a board certified behavioral and developmental pediatrician, author and parent of five.
Dr. Korb is the author of "Raising an Organized Child" and recently featured on the TODAY show. We'll be exploring successful strategies and ideas to help our kids gain independence and confidence and improve executive functioning skills.
Join the conversation at https://www.facebook.com/lomaeducation/.
Giving Made East
- TEXT "Loma" to 243-725 to give on your phone and to get real-time updates on GIVING totals
- Visit www.lpef.org/donateto donate online.
- Join our online KEEP! monthly giving program - Visit www.lpef.org/donateand choose a monthly donation amount that works for you.
- $70.00/month over 12 months adds up to $800 (suggested single child donation).
o $100/month over 12 months adds up to $1200 (suggested multiple child donation).
- Contact your employer about matching grants If your employer offers matching, contact your Human Resources department about how they process the matching grant.
Virtual shopping event was a grand success!
Thank you to those of you who joined our virtual shopping event last weekend and to the amazing artists who hosted this event and supported LPEF.
Your generosity and support of our amazing schools is deeply appreciated!
LOMA HSC NEWS
How was the 1st week of your Move-A-Thon?? Post your activities on the Loma Prieta Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LomaPrietaHSC/?ref=bookmarks. and find all the details here https://www.lomaprietahsc.org/Keep on moving during the May Move-A-Thon!
Why? Jog-A-Thon (now Move-A-Thon) is the top fundraiser for our Home and School Club. The money raised helps LPEF fund enrichment programs like Art, Garden, Music and the Library. The funds also support our teachers in purchasing supplies and doing special projects. Without these funds, we will be at risk of losing these critical programs.
Providing an opportunity for our kids to work together toward a shared goal has never been more important, not just financially for our school, but for the emotional well-being of our kids. The more we can create opportunities for connection, the stronger our school community will be. We encourage EVERYONE to participate, even if you are unable to get pledges.
Let’s make this a fun and successful event that will remind us all how much we can accomplish when we work together in support of the BEST SCHOOL AFTER ALL!
HSC is so incredibly humbled and appreciative to our business Sponsors and families' generosity and support! MANY have stepped up with their sponsorships bringing us up to a pledged amount of 48% of our $25K goal!
Thank our heroes below and thank them when you see them next time. Consider a family sponsorship of $250 yourself or solicit as many family donations, pledges and movements for the kids as you can, all are 100% tax deductible! We still need as many pledges as we can to get 52% of our goal. Questions? email us at LomaPrietaHSC@Yahoo.com
Thank You Sponsors!
TOP: Diamond Business Sponsors: Mason Tractor & Toeniskoetter Commercial Construction
Premier Platinum Business: Lincoln Discovery Services, INC.
Gold and Company Match Sponsors: Advanced Chiropractic, Dr. Andrea Friese, Cunningham Tractor, Sereno Real Estate Team, Rebecca Smith & Karen Izzo, The Walter, Wachob, Cramer and Dorosti Families.
Families Sponsoring: The Wells’, Cassell’s, Bond’s, Froelich’s, Ekhilevsky’s, Chen’s, Reierson’s, Myers’, Werdebaugh’s, Genest’s, Nolan’s, “GranNola”, Scotty and June Salsbury. Get YOUR FAMILY NAME HERE?!?!
Back to School Supplies
We know EVERYONE is looking forward to the 1st Day of School in August, so don't procrastinate in ordering your School Supplies all in a neat box in a couple clicks!
Your Loma HSC
Loma’s Upcoming Events
May 1st -30th Move-a-Thon Fundraiser
August 13 1st Day of School
August 21 Fore the Kids Golf Tournament at Seascape
August 27 Back-to-School Night 6:30-8pm