May 6, 2020
Dear CT Families,
My Top Three Moments of the Week (at Virtual School)
- Seeing our school spirit this week at our CT Zoom meetings!
- Hanging out with Mrs. Van Zante’s Zebras on Cinco de Mayo!I loved hearing all the thoughtful comments! It sounds like these kiddos are keeping busy!
- Joining Mrs. Ramsay’s class as they talked about their move to CT with our school counselor, Stacy Blasi. I cannot believe these kids, who were just in my kindergarten class, are about to move to CT! Time goes by WAY too quickly!
Important: Kindergarten and/or 1st through 8th Grade Registration!
If you have an incoming kindergarten student, or know someone who has a 1st through 8th grader new to our school, please reach out to Eileen Bevans-Franks at the district office to get started in the registration process: firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Grade Parents – We Need Your Photos!
Our 8th grade graduation includes a slide show of all students. As we shelter in place, we decided to go ahead with planning the slideshow so that we can share it when the time is right.
Please look for 3-5 digital photos of your child that you would like included in our 8th grade slide show. The photos can be of any age, at school, home, anywhere.
We also want group photos. If you have photos of groups of kids, we would love to include some of those.
File Format: JPEG, GIF, PNG
Labeling photos: Individual photos of your child should be labeled <family name><child first name><1..n>
Group photos should be labeled <group><family name><child first name><1..n>
Send you photos to Ruth Gantly (email@example.com)
The Deadline for submission of photos is May 15.
Please mark your calendar with the submission deadline and make sure that your child is included in the slideshow.
COVID-19 Community Resources
Please see that attachment provided for important resources to help during this challenging time.
School Closure Reminder
The Loma and CT school offices are closed. The District Office is staffed. If you need to visit the District Office, please call ahead to 408-353-1101 to schedule a time. Drop-ins are discouraged in accordance with the current shelter-in-place order.
Stay healthy and be well,
Karren Zook, Principal
2020 KEEP! Campaign
The LPEF KEEP (Keep Excellent Education Programs) campaign has kicked off! This year marks LPEF's 19th year of fundraising to support the Loma Prieta Joint Union School District.
KEEP! donations fund the following critical programs:
- Music: K-8 music program
- PE: PE program at Loma
- STEM: Support for technology integration/STEM enrichment
- Electives: Preservation of middle school electives and elementary enrichment programs
- Science: Direct support for specialized elementary science instruction
- Library: Library support services at both CTE and Loma
- Support Services: K-8 school counseling and other student support
Any size donation is greatly appreciated and incredibly important to ensuring our children have access to these amazing programs for the 2020 school year.
Donate today at: https://www.lpef.org/donate-now.
Parenting Strategies During Shelter in Place, TONIGHT – Wednesday, May 6th at 7:30pm
These times are especially challenging for parents and kids. Join a Facebook LIVE interview with Damon Korb, M.D., a board certified behavioral and developmental pediatrician, author and parent of five.
Dr. Korb is the author of "Raising an Organized Child" and recently featured on the TODAY show. We'll be exploring successful strategies and ideas to help our kids gain independence and confidence and improve executive functioning skills.
Join the conversation at https://www.facebook.com/lomaeducation/.
GIVING MADE EASY
- TEXT "Loma" to 243-725 to give on your phone and to get real-time updates on GIVING totals
- Visit www.lpef.org/donateto donate online.
- Join our online KEEP! monthly giving program - Visit www.lpef.org/donateand choose a monthly donation amount that works for you.
- $70.00/month over 12 months adds up to $800 (suggested single child donation).
o $100/month over 12 months adds up to $1200 (suggested multiple child donation).
- Contact your employer about matching grants If your employer offers matching, contact your Human Resources department about how they process the matching grant.
Virtual shopping event was a grand success!
Thank you to those of you who joined our virtual shopping event last weekend and to the amazing artists who hosted this event and supported LPEF.
Your generosity and support of our amazing schools is deeply appreciated!