March 31, 2021
What a difference in our spirits this springtime weather makes! Next week is Spring Break. Whatever your family plans are for the break, please stay safe and remain diligent in your Covid-19 mitigation measures, including wearing a mask when out in public, watching your distance, and washing your hands. If traveling is part of your family plans, travel safely and remember that if your child needs to stay home from school to quarantine when you return contact your child’s teacher, and your child can connect to their classroom via Zoom.
LOMA PUBLIC EDUCATION NEWS (LPEF)
Did you know – How to Donate to LPEF
- Did you know there are many ways to donate?
- Donate online at LPEF Donate Page
- Monthly giving: spread your donation out over the year. You can sign up for monthly giving here, LPEF Donate Page.
- Did you know that many companies have a corporate match?
- Double your impact. Contact your employer about Corporate matching. Corporate matching grants raised $47,329.00 in 2018-2019. You can find out more about corporate matching here, LPEF Corporate Match.
- Did you know your Amazon purchases can help LPEF?
- Search for Loma Public Education Fund on amazon smile and a portion of every one of your purchases will go to LPEF, LPEF Amazon.
School Attendance Reminder
State and Federal law require that school aged children be enrolled and attend a public, private, charter, or homeschool. If your child is enrolled but NOT attending or participating, they may be considered truant. If you are experiencing difficulty supporting your child’s attendance at school, reach out to school-there may be ways we can help.
Billy Martin, Principal
Loma Prieta JUSD
Spring Break No School – April 5th– 9th
Spring Break Travel
Santa Clara County health officials continue to highly recommend quarantining for 10 days following any travel of 150 miles or more outside the county. As long as this practice is required or highly recommended by health officials, school will expect families to quarantine if traveling. If this expectation changes, Superintendent Fraser will update the school community with new or changed instructions. Travel should be restricted to travel that is essential. If you travel and are required to quarantine, alert your classroom teacher and Mrs. Bevans. Your child will be able to connect to their classroom via Zoom for the duration of your quarantine without any penalty.
Seventh and 8th Virtual Reopening Parent Information Session - April 13th at 5pm
Parents of 7th and 8th grade students returning to campus are invited to join in on a presentation of our reopening plans and a Q&A session. This session will be virtual via Zoom. Connection information will be shared via email prior to the event.
Eighth Grade Student Return to Campus Orientation - April 14 at 1:30pm
Eighth grade students will join Dr. Martin and other school staff member for a virtual orientation. Zoom information will be provided to students prior to the event through their student email and their Google Classrooms.
7th and 8th Grade Return to Campus - Cohort 1-April 15th, Cohort 2-April 16th
Loma Spring Parent/Teacher Conferences - April 19th– April 23rd
K-5 Parent/Teacher Conferences are scheduled for the week of April 19th-23rd. Your child’s 2nd trimester report card will be available to view/print from PowerSchool on April 16th. These reporting dates have been modified to accommodate our reopening and to allow us to have students back in person to provide additional relevant data on their progress. Please note that if your child has an IEP, the Special Education Progress Reporting period will adjust to align with this general education report card period.
CTE & LOMA JOINT NEWS & INFORMATION
Daily Home Symptom Screening-Applies to all grades and all students K-8 to be done each morning that your child will be on campus for in-person instruction prior to arrival on campus!!
REPEATED NEGLIGENCE IN COMPLETING THIS FORM COULD RESULT IN YOUR CHILD BEING PLACED IN DISTANCE LEARNING.
Each day that your child will be on campus for in-person instruction, parents and/or guardians will be required to complete a home symptom screening. This screening will be completed through PowerSchool. Follow the steps below to access the form via PowerSchool. If you have any login issues, please contact Julie Bourque.
- Login into your Parent Portal of PowerSchool
- Click on Forms in the left-hand navigation menu
- Select the 2021 In-Person COVID-19 Student Daily Check In
- Complete the form and submit
This symptom screening is open and must be completed by a parent/guardian prior to arriving on campus. If you are having difficulty accessing the form, please contact Julie Bourque for help and support. Students who arrive to campus without a completed Home Symptom Screening will be removed from class and a health screening will be conducted.
Daily Home Symptom Screening Tips & Tricks:
- Complete the form the morning of in-person instruction. Do not complete the form the night before.
- Do not use the PowerSchool mobile app. Access the form using an internet browser. You can access on your mobile device as long as it is via an internet browser and not the mobile app.
- If you have issues, try a different internet browser. Google Chrome has proven to be problematic with PowerSchool.
- Make sure you are logged into PowerSchool through the Parent Portal and not through the Student Portal.
- Use the link provided, Parent Portal of PowerSchool. Do not Google PowerSchool. It will direct you to an incorrect link.
LOMA HSC NEWS
Order your Loma Yearbook!
We’re off to a late start, but we will have a Loma Yearbook this year. The Yearbook is a great way for your Cougars to remember their years at Loma and comes with two custom pages for your own personal photos. It’s also a big fundraiser for the school.
Yearbooks are $21.89 ($23.48 w/tax)-order directly with Tree-Ring. Visit www.treering.com/validate
Enter our school’s passcode: 101404916313901
This year only, get a FREE Loma t-shirt with every yearbook ordered!
- Short or long-sleeved, youth or adult size
- Loma HSC will contact you for your size selection after you place your yearbook order (including orders already placed)
- First come, first served while supplies last! Order your yearbook now for the best t-shirt selection.
Submit your Yearbook Photos!
We won’t have as many opportunities to take photos at school this year, so we need our help! Please share your photos of your kids doing their distance learning, schoolwork, supports, activities at home, first day of in-person school, and whatever else they’ve been doing this year! Please upload your photos to the Google drive, share them on the Loma HSC Facebook page, or email email@example.com.
Google drive: Loma Yearbook 2020/2021
Free One-On-One Math Tutoring K-8
Due to the great response from the community, The Mountain Math Initiative is pleased to announce additional services to support our kids. We are now able to add free scheduled one-on-one math and physics help for students that benefit from individualized tutoring. We have many dedicated Loma and CT alumni volunteers that would love to work with our community’s kids. If you are interested in setting up free one-on-one tutoring, specified to your child's needs, please reach out to the MMI Volunteer Coordinator, Marcella Jones, at firstname.lastname@example.org to be matched with a tutor. For more information about all of The Mountain Math Initiative programs, please visit https://www.mtmath.org/