1. No one is as smart as all of us together.
2. Respect: we treat each other with respect. We are open minded while others are explaining their thought process. We strive to understand ideas other than our own.
3. Individual time: each one of us needs quiet time to organize our ideas before we share with others. We agree to respect individual "think time".
4. Everyone participates: everyone is a valuable member of our math team!
5. Everyone helps: assist anyone who asks for help without doing their work.
6. Responsibility: we take responsibility for our learning, teaching and tutoring. We are learners, but we are also tutors and teachers when we help others understand math.
7. Everyone has the right to learn. Help create a safe and fun environment where all students are engaged in learning.
1. Students can explain and apply mathematical concepts.
2. Students can interpret and carry out mathematical procedures with precision and fluency.
3. Students can solve a range of complex well posed problems in pure and applied mathematics.
4. Students can clearly and precisely construct viable arguments to support their own reasoning and to critique the reasoning of others.
5. Students can analyze complex, real world scenarios and can construct and use mathematical models to interpret and solve problems.