April 1, 2015
Dear Loma & CT Parents,
Thoughts from Tuesday Night
Heading in to Spring Break, I want to thank all of you for your tremendous support through the year. One of the things that is so special about our schools is the partnership between teachers/staff and parents. There is not a person working here who doesn't stay because of the community support and great kids we have in our schools. The teachers and staff team carry an extra load to make it all work in a small school district. The parents do as well. Our schools are strong because they reflect the "can do" spirit that every person brings to each day and our commitments to each other to strive for excellence.
This week I have been "friended" on Facebook by a wave of my former students now with families of their own. I treasure having known them as kids and feel very fortunate that the connections made in classrooms have lasted for decades. These years are important. They are important for kids, teachers, families, and the community. Our lives are enriched through our connections with one another. I hope that the break gives all our families time to connect, laugh, share adventures, relax and restore. That goes for teacher's and staff families as well as Loma/CT families. If you are traveling, travel safe. Gather memories, soak up the sun, and renew the connections that sustain you. Happy Spring Break!
Rebecca’s Top Ten Favorite Sights
1. The swallows are here in full representation. They are masters of flight;
2. A father walking his young daughter to kindergarten takes a moment to point out the swallows flying in and out of their mud nests;
3. Young ladies and gentlemen dressed to impress point out with pride the finer details of their science experiments to all who pass to take and interest;
4. Like the actors who preform in the school plays, the young scientist work hard to come up with a topic which at first may not seem will amount to much, but with hard work the presentation becomes a heartwarming masterpiece;
5. Mr. Thompson’s beaming face on the day of the science fair;
6. Groups of children coming in at lunch and asking for trash bags just because they want to pitch in and help out. They do not expect a reward, but I will give them a shout out over the loud speaker;
7. Sitting in the Home and School Club meetings and “feeling the love”. The amount work and coordination the group members accomplish is very heartwarming;
8. A little girl who loves her flower dress;
9. Boys and girls playing basketball during Coach Patino’s noontime league;
10. M & Ms in a yellow bowl on the staff table every Friday. An empty yellow bowl by the end of the day. Thanks Ms. Ray;
Middle School Parents and Students grades 6-8 - Please Save the Date!The transition to high school is always a tricky prospect for incoming freshmen. On the evening of April 29, the School Site Council hosting an evening with Layton Howard the Resource Officer at Lost Gatos High School. Layton is well respected by the students at Los Gatos High. He has a wealth of knowledge and information to share with both parents and students. Please join us in the Loma Forum from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. for this very informative meeting.
TIM Summer Camp
Theatre in the Mountains is excited to announce they will be offering 2 weeks of Performing Arts Camp right here on the mountain!
The camp will be led by Vinh Nguyen who was our very talented choreographer on Narnia and Little Mermaid.
Sessions are one week long Mon-Fri from 9am-3pm; Session 1: June 29-July 3rd / Session 2: July 6th - July 10th
Kids will spend the week acting, working on sets and props culminating in a final performance on last day of camp.
Tuition is mere $325 per session; Camp perfect for ages 8-12
For more information or to register, go to theatreinthemountains.org/summer-camp-2015-details
Wild Times @ CTE
Early Release EVERY Wednesday @ 1:30 pm
4/2/15 Eighth Grade Washington DC Mtg. (Mandatory!!) 7pm Loma Forum
4/5/15 8th graders leave for DC
4/6/15 through 4/10/15 Spring Break-NO SCHOOL
4/9/15 8th graders home from DC
Schedule Update: Please note that CT Inflatables Night has been changed from April 17 to April 24 due to an energy efficiency lighting improvement project scheduled in the gym.