Welcome Bears!Posted by Michelle Bowen on 8/11/2020 7:00:00 AM
Welcome to Loma's Virtual Back to School Night!
Please click the link below to learn more about my teaching style, your child's classroom, and the amazing things they will learn in 3rd grade!
First Week Information
New and Returning Loma Families,
Welcome to 3rd Grade! I am looking forward to meeting you and to welcoming you into the Bear Family! This year will certainly be unique, but I am very excited to begin this adventure with you. Please keep reading for important first week details...
- School begins on Thursday, August 13th with a whole class Zoom meeting at 8:30am.
- We will begin SLOWLY....No one expects your young children to be able jump into Distance Learning with both feet after a long and, hopefully, fun summer.
- Parents and students can expect personal "Meet & Greets" to take place during the first several days of school. Details will arrive via email on how set up these meetings.
- Please create a space for your child to Zoom. I have provided suggestions on how to reach this goal below.
- It will be important for your child to have the school supplies they need to engage fully with distance learning. Review the supplies list here and let me know if there are any items you are unable to secure for your child. I am happy to help! Please do not hesitate to reach out. I know supplies in the stores and online are limited right now.
- Please feel free to email me with any questions and/or concerns you may have: email@example.com
- Tell your 3rd grade BEARS that I can't wait to see them!
Get Ready to Zoom!
Please set up a workspace for your child to Zoom and complete school assignments.
- Your child needs a desk or table (preferably their own) in a quiet space.
- He/she needs a device to zoom on. Contact the school if you need assistance with devices.
- They will need a designated area for school work and supplies. This can be a plastic container, a milk crate, desk drawers, etc.
- Students will need to have their supplies next to their workspace and readily available during our Zoom sessions. I will send more details on specific supplies needed for class Zooms soon.
Please review Loma's Zoom Rules.
- Students are expected to arrive to scheduled Zoom meetings on time and dressed appropriately.
- Cameras must be on.
- Students may not have altered backgrounds.
- Students need to be logged into Zoom using first and last name.
- Students will begin Zoom sessions muted.
Please review Mrs. Bowen's Zoom Rules & Expectations.
- Eat a healthy breakfast BEFORE our first Zoom of the day (8:30am). Students will not be allowed to eat during Zooms.
- Go to the restroom before Zoom begins.
- Sit in a chair directly in front of your device so I can see your smiling face.
- Do not lie in bed, snuggle on the couch, lay on the floor, hide under a blanket, etc. while Zooming.
- Please make sure pets are not nearby. I will provide designated times for sharing pets. TVs, toys, and devices not being used specifically for Zoom, must be put away during our meeting times.
- Yes, we are learning virtually, but my behavior expectations are the same as if we were in a physical classroom. Limiting distractions in each student's workspace will help the entire class. It is hard to engage with the content being taught when a lizard is next to your square in Zoom!