Room 8 Bears!Posted by Michelle Bowen on 8/13/2018
Welcome - First Week Information
Welcome to 2nd Grade Room 8's "Bowen Bears!"
- School begins on Thursday, August 16th at 8:20am.
- The first day of school is a minimum day. Students will be dismissed at 12:30.
- Please pack your child a water bottle and large, healthy snack. Bears get hungry on the first day of school!
- Always remember that we are a peanut-free school! Cashew butter, almond butter, and sunflower seed butter are great alternatives.
- School supplies are a voluntary donation and are not required. We sincerely appreciate any donations you can make to our classroom needs. Thank you! Click here for a current list.
- New and returning families have lots of forms to fill out! See below for more information.
- Please feel free to email me with any questions and/or concerns you may have: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell your little BEARS that I can't wait to see them!
Everyone must have accurate and updated emergency contact information on PowerSchool. Please log on before August 23rd to update this information. Once you have logged on to your PowerSchool account, go to “Annual Student Registration” and make any necessary changes/updates. As we have learned over the past few years with shutdowns on Highway 17, it is critical that emergency contact information be local.
If you have forgotten your PowerSchool username or password, please contact Julie Bourque at email@example.com to have your password reset.
Your Signature is Required:
We are required by state law and district policy to inform you of your legal rights and help you gain a deep understanding of our shared responsibilities. Click the link to review the Parents/Students Rights in English (link) or Spanish (link). The law requires each parent or guardian to acknowledge receipt of this information. Please review this material with your child(ren) then print and sign a 2 page Response Form for each of your children. Click here for the Response Form (in English only) (link). All signatures are required. Please return the completed Response Form to your child’s teacher during the first week of school. Students cannot be given access to technology or attend field trips without this information in place so please don’t delay!