Hello! I am Kendra Zanotto and I am excited to start my second year as a Loma 4thgrade teacher.
I grew up in Los Gatos and live on the mountain with my husband and two children.
I have a bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Columbia University and a master’s degree in Education from San Jose State University. I am an Olympic bronze medalist from the 2004 Athens Games in the sport of synchronized swimming. I have worked with youth in athletic, educational and restorative justice settings for the past 15 years.
I am excited to bring my diverse experiences to my teaching practice here at Loma. The Room 11 Owls are a supportive community of learners. These six beliefs are core to our classroom:
- We are a team. We work together. We are supportive, caring and respectful of each other!
- Students are also teachers. Teachers are also learners.
- Mistakes are Expected, Respected and Inspected.
- Curiosity is fostered and celebrated.
- We practice self-reflection and mindfulness.
- Authentic learning is always more important than completing a specific task.
I am inspired by the Principles of Olympism:
- Experiencing the Joy of Effort
- Learning to Play Fair
- Practicing Respect for Oneself and Others
- Pursuit of Excellence
- Living a Harmonious and Balanced Life of Body, Will and Mind
I can’t wait to meet all of my students and their families. Together, we will build a learning community that can meet any challenge.