Loma Elementary School Virtual Back to School Night August 27, 2020 6:30pm.
Click HERE to view Mrs. Riccomini's Back to School Presentation Video begining at 6pm.
Please tune in to the Loma Prieta School District YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkZkJMmnWBMtPO9rEIDcKlQ at 6:30 pm on August 27th and select “Loma Prieta Elementary School Back to School Night” to watch
Welcome to 2nd Grade!
Our First Day of School is Thursday August 13th. I look forward to our first virtual meeting at 8:30!
This year is going to be an adventure and I'm thrilled to be doing it together with you!
- Please Set Up a Space for Your Child to Zoom
- Your child needs a desk or table (preferably a spot of their own) in a quiet space free from distractions.
- He/she needs a device for Zoom meetings (contact the school if you need assistance with devices).
- Your child should have a bin/shelf/drawer near their workspace where they can store their supplies & classwork and be able to grab needed items quickly.
- Supplies (paper, 2 sharpened pencils, eraser) should be ready for use during the Zoom (more info will be provided on needed supplies).
- School Zoom Rules
- Cameras must be on.
- Students may not have altered backgrounds.
- Students need to be logged in using first and last name.
- Please Sign In Ready to Learn
- Eat a healthy breakfast before your Zoom.
- Go to the bathroom before the Zoom begins.
- Get some wiggles out between Zooms.
- Make sure pets are not nearby, the tv is off, distractions are limited.
- If using a hand-held device, a stand will leave your child’s hands free to do their classwork.
- 20, 20, 20 - Remind your child to look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes.
- Set up a comfortable space for them to work, but remind them to get up and move often.
- Post their schedule above their work space or on their device.
- Save a pdf of zoom links on the desktop so they can link right in.
- Set up a timer so they know when to log onto Zooms.
Every Friday, please show your class spirit by participating in the Spirit Days.
Weekly Spirit Days:
1st Fri - Loma Gear/Wear Blue
2nd Fri - Spirit Day
3rd Fri - Loma Gear/Wear Blue
4th Fri - PJ Day
Monthly Spirit Days:
Sept - Super Hero Day
Oct - Crazy Hair Day
Nov - Hat Day
Dec - Winter Day
Jan - Sports Day
Feb - Wear Red
Mar - Wear Green
Apr - Crazy Sock Day
May - Star Wars Day
There are no upcoming events to display.