Posted August 3, 2019Welcome to our "First Grade Friends!"I am SUPER excited for the school year to begin and look forward to greeting ALL of you at the door to Room 6 on the First Day of School.We'll have a fun year of growth and learning together at our wonderful "School on the Hill!"The "First Day of School" begins on Thursday, August 15 at 8:20 a.m. "Minimum Day" dismissal that day will be at 12:30 p.m.
______ on the bus. East bus______ West bus___________ to Kids and Company______ will be picked up at parent pickup by _________________ other: __________________
- Please pack a healthy snack and a lunch for your child on this and ALL minimum days.
- On the first day of school, you are invited to enter our classroom and share in the excitement and exploration of the room. At 8:30 (or so), it will be time to say "good-bye." But don't worry, I'll take plenty of pics of our day that I will share with you!
- There will be a "First Day Only" after school pick-up form on your student's place for you to complete. This form is also available on the Forms tab to the right.
- If you will NOT be at the classroom that morning, please email me the following information by 10 a.m. for the First Day of School ONLY
School Supply ListThe supply list is posted on the tab to the right. It is also available HERE and posted further below.Thanks,Carolyn Dufort (pronounced Du-FOUR)Room 6 First Grade Supply List 2019-2020
- If the plan for your child's departure from school changes during the first day (or any day), please inform Raquel in the front office before 1:00 p.m. She may be reached at 408-353-1106.
- For "Parent Pickup," your child will be seated next to the fence (to the left of the gate from your vantage point) and will be dismissed to you (or to you in your vehicle) by our staff. I will also escort my students to Kids 'n Co and to their buses (East or West). After that, I will return to the Parent Pick Up area until all of my "First Grade Friends" have been picked up.
- A hard copy of the form for the "Daily Pickup Schedule" and a "Milk Order Form" will be sent home with your student on the first day.
Please remember, donating supplies is greatly appreciated, but never required.Most Room 6 supplies will be community supplies, so please bring items UNLABELED (unless specified)Bring to school1 box Crayola markers, fine tip, 101 box Crayola markers, broad tip, 81 box colored pencils, 122 pks Expo dry erase markers, 42 pks Ticonderoga #2 pencils, 12 (please do not substitute)1 box Ziplock gallon bags1 bottle Elmers white glue, 4 oz6 glue sticks5 pink erasersGirls only: 1 pack fine tipped black Sharpie pensBoys only: 1 pack ULTRA fine tipped black Sharpie pensNOTE: Large Rolling backpacks (Zuca-type) are not permitted at LomaI also have a wishlist of materials to enhance our educational experience in Room 6.