Suggested Learning Activities During School ClosurePosted by Debbie Shoemate on 3/16/2020 10:00:00 AM
Hey Team Shoemate -
Listed below are opportunities for you to continue your learning while we are unable to come to school. While theses activities will not be turned in and assessed, they are opportunities to help keep you moving forward, but remember they are not the only things that are available to you. Please also use this time to explore some of the things that you are interested in that are often not options during classroom instruction. Also, find ways to put into practice some of the skills you already have while helping around the house! Know that I will be doing the same and thinking of you all :)
Suggested Learning Activities During School Closure
Click on the links below to navigate to each website. Remember that login and password cards are in your planner which should be in your binder :-)
- Read for 20 minutes daily and take AR comprehension quizzes for all books that you read. I'll run my report on Tuesdays as always to see what books you might be enjoying :)
- Epic Login Instructions Try out Epic for free. Read books at your current reading level. Remember to take AR quizzes
- KHAN : 20 minutes daily in your MISSION.
- Log into our 5th grade Math Challenges Google Classroom for engaging activities
- Play a board game--some of my favorites: Qwirkle, Yahtzee, Rummikub,Monopoly, Battleship
- Scholastic Learn At Home: Fun daily activities
- Seterra Learn the 50 states & capitals
- App for Ipad “Stack the States" fun way to learn the states and capitals
- Scrambled States Board Game
- Visit Ms. Ignoffo's website to check science plans.
- Explore the Mystery Science Videos: I enjoyed this Emoji one
- Visit Coach Patino's website to check PE ideas.
- Visit GoNoodle.com for great indoor physical activities.
Please feel free to email me with any questions.